Wednesday, 14 March 2012
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our Spring 2012 User Group Meeting on the 20th of March 2012, and Seminar Day on 21st of March 2012, at the Lion Quays Waterside Resort, Oswestry, UK.
The User Group Meeting will include a mixture of presentations of forthcoming software features and technologies, as well as practical case studies and papers presented by UK users.
2012 MIKE by DHI UK User Group Meeting: Agenda
Tuesday 20th March 2012
In addition to the user presentations listed below, we will be detailing the new features and technologies available to you in the forthcoming MIKE by DHI Release 2012, as well as outlining our future plans for the software portfolio: -
Client Presentations: MIKE BASIN – MIKE 21
- Urban Flood Flows: The suburb of Merewether in Newcastle is providing engineers with critical data that will inform emergency personnel on how to plan better for the floods which have wreaked havoc across Australia in the past few years. A model of the suburb has been created in Sydney's Water Research Lab (Grantley Smith, University of Newcastle, NSW)
Client Presentations: RENEWABLES - MIKE 21 – MIKE FLOOD – MIKE 11
- River Don - Integrated Catchment Management for Yorkshire Water: Integrated Catchment Management using MIKE BASIN (Sally Bielby, JBA)
- Reservoir Discontinuance and River Restoration using MIKE 21 FMST: Design Background to a Reservoir Project – The Hydraulic Model and lessons learnt (Mark Bailes, MWH)
- Maritime Archaeological Modelling using MIKE 21 - Later Prehistoric Seafaring in Scilly: Modelling of changing ocean/sea conditions for the Holocene around North West Europe, with more detailed focus on the Isles of Scilly (Rodrigo Pacheco-Ruiz, Southampton University)
Client Presentations: MIKE 21 BW – MIKE 21 SW – MIKE 21 AD
- Wave resource assessment for Oyster farms using MIKE21: Ocean Power – Energy Field Characterisation (Ian Harris, Aquamarine Power)
- Modelling the Severn Barrage: A Review of Modelling Strategies for a major UK Renewables Project (John Osment, Halcrow)
- Tellisford Mill – Green Electricity from Run of River Hydro in an Historic Setting: A Low-head Hydro Scheme 7 years on from the initial Flood-risk Assessment (Anthony Battersby, FBA / Mendip Power Group)
- Validation of a MIKE 21FM Spectral Wave model: For the purpose of an Offshore Wind Farm Coastal Processes Assessment (Emma Holland, METOC)
Client Presentations: FEFLOW – HABITATS – MIKE FLOOD 1-2-3D
- Wave Modelling with MIKE 21 BW & SW, and Cliff Recession Review: The ‘Baroque on Lamma’ Marina Project in Hong Kong - A MIKE 21 SW & BW Model, and a Review of Empirical Techniques for Analysing Cliff Recession (Vicky Tonks, Mott MacDonald)
- Long term coastal water quality predictions using convolutions: A MIKE 21/3 AD Water Quality Study (James Tomlinson, ATKINS)
- Recent Experiences in Regional Scale FMHD Modelling: A Case Study of The Pentland Firth (Jack Shipton, ABPMER)
- Aquifer Storage and Recovery in a Confined UK aquifer: FEFLOW - Artificial recharge modelling (Mike Streetly, ESI International)
- Compliance with The Habitats Directive and Wetlands Ecology at a SSSI: Review of a Wetland Creation Project - 5 Years On (Michael Limbrey, Montgomery Waterway Restoration Trust)
- 1-2-3D ‘Dee’ - River Dee Project: An Update and snapshot of a multi-dimensional MIKE Model at a single site ...plus Other Random Musings* (Simon Matthews & the UK DSP Team, DHI)
*time permitting!Wednesday 21st March 2012
Here there is a choice of three separate 'Tracks'. We will also endeavour to add Ad Hoc inset 'How To...' sessions which can be mixed and matched according to your requirements: -
- Water Resources: A detailed look at the new features of MIKE FLOOD Release 2012 (with example applications), followed by an introductory MIKE FLOOD seminar, and discussions on model stability
- Ground Water: An Introduction to 3D Visualisation using FEFLOW
The above 1-day course on Shoreline Management will include an overview and discussion of the following topics: -
- Shoreline Management (Marine): How to Protect and Develop your Coasts
The free 1-day Shoreline Management course is a shortened version of a comprehensive 4-day training course, if you are interested in the full course please contact us.
- Introducing coastal and estuarine processes (physics)
- Understanding sources of shoreline impact (anthropological effects)
- Accounting for future variations in environmental conditions (climate change & policy)
- Fitting the complexity of the modelling to the level of the study (regulator response)
Online booking is now available via www.mikebydhi.com/Events/UKUGM2012, so get your name on the most sought after list of the year so far!
If you would like more information about the content of the event please contact: -
- 2016 (1)
- 2015 (9)
- 2014 (56)
- 2013 (49)
- 2012 (52)
- 2011 (29)
- 2010 (10)
- 2009 (2)
- ► 2013 (49)
- ▼ March (4)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (10)
15th MIKE by DHI UK User Group Meeting (7) 16th MIKE by DHI UK User Group Meeting (18) 2014 MIKE by DHI UK Symposium (7) 2015 DHI UK and Ireland Symposium (2) 2015 DHI UK Symposium (2) 2015 MIKE by DHI UK Symposium (2) 2D modelling (1) 64-bit (1) ABM Lab (4) All-Energy (1) Aqua Republica (1) aquaculture (1) bathing water quality (4) Bird Collision (1) Blog Admin (1) Breach Assessment (2) Breach Modelling (3) Burrator Historic and Natural Environment Project (1) Burrator Reservoir (1) Catchment Management (3) catchment modelling (1) Catchment Systems (1) Central Modelling Platform (1) CIWEM (2) Cliff Recession (1) Climate Change (5) Climate Change Policy (1) Climate Change Scenario Modelling (1) Climate Change Tool (4) Cloud Computing (1) coastal erosion (1) coastal inundation (1) coastal modelling (2) Coastal Oceanography (1) Computer Aided River Management (1) Conferences (2) Contaminant Transport (1) CORFU (3) coupled groundwater and ecological models (1) coupled hydrology-hydraulic modelling (1) Coupled Models (2) CPU (1) cyclones (1) Dam break (3) data sharing (1) debris factor (1) Defra (1) DEMO (4) Devon (2) Dewatering (1) DHI (163) DHI UK & Ireland Symposium 2016 (1) Dike Structure (1) Download (1) Dredging (2) Dune Erosion (1) ECO Lab (10) Ecological modelling (5) Ecosystems (2) EIA (1) Environment Agency (2) Environmental Engineering (1) Environmental Management (1) EU Floods Directive (1) European Overtopping Manual (1) EuroTop (1) FD2320 (1) FD2321 (1) Feedback (1) FEFLOW (24) FEFLOW 2012 (3) FEFLOW 2015 (2) FEFLOW Essentials (2) FEFLOW User Conference (1) flash floods (1) Flexible mesh (7) Flood and Water Management Act 2010 (1) Flood Damage Assessment (2) Flood Defences (3) flood depth (1) Flood Forecasting (6) Flood Impact Assessment (1) Flood Modelling (10) Flood Resilience (3) Flood Risk (6) Flood Risk Assessment (5) flood risk management (1) Flood Risk Management (Scotland) Act 2009 (1) Flood Risk Regulations 2009 (1) Flood Risks to People (1) flood warning (1) flood warning systems (1) Flooding (15) Floodplains (1) Fluid mechanics (1) forecasting (3) Forum (1) FRA (1) games (1) Geothermal energy (1) GIS (1) Global Tide Model (1) Google Earth (1) GPU (3) Ground Source Energy (3) Groundwater (12) Groundwater Modellers Forum (4) Groundwater Modelling (5) Guidance (4) Hazard Mapping (4) Hazard Rating (1) High Performance Computing (1) Hotfixes (1) HPC (1) hydraulics (2) ICE (2) ice flooding 2013 (3) ICE Flooding 2014 (1) ICFR (2) Integrated 1D-2D pollutant transport modelling (1) Integrated Catchment Management (8) Integrated Catchment Modelling (3) integrated modelling (5) Integrated Surface and Groundwater (9) Integrated Water Management (5) Interactive Game (1) International Conference on Flood Resilience (2) Ivybridge (1) land use changes (1) Licensing (1) Linux (1) LITPACK (4) Managed Aquifer Recharge (1) Manning's n (1) MAR (1) Marine Monitoring (1) Marine Renewable Energy (8) marine water quality (1) Maritime Archaeological Modelling (1) MIKE 11 (12) MIKE 21 (44) MIKE 21 BW (3) MIKE 21 FM (14) MIKE 21 FMHD (1) MIKE 21 FMPT (1) MIKE 21 OS (1) MIKE 21 ST (1) MIKE 21 SW (9) MIKE 21C (1) MIKE 3 (14) MIKE 3 FMPT (1) MIKE Animator (3) MIKE Animator Plus (2) MIKE BASIN (3) MIKE by DHI (173) MIKE by DHI 2014 (11) MIKE by DHI 2016 (2) MIKE by DHI UK Symposium (1) MIKE CUSTOMISED by DHI (33) MIKE FLOOD (32) MIKE FLOOD AD (2) MIKE HYDRO (1) MIKE HYDRO Basin (3) MIKE Powered by DHI (4) MIKE SDK (1) MIKE SHE (10) MIKE software (1) MIKE to Google Earth (1) MIKE URBAN (13) MIKE Zero (1) Mine Workings (2) Miniature Sensors (1) Mining (2) Mooring Forces (1) Morphological Change (2) NAM (1) News (15) Newsletter (10) Numerical modelling (1) Offshore Wind Farms (4) Oil Spill (1) Oil Spill Modelling (4) overtopping (3) Papers (1) parallelisation techniques (1) Particle Tracking (1) Planform Change (1) Plymouth University Marine Building (1) Porous Media (1) PREPARED (1) Presentations (1) productivity tools (2) Professor Kathrine Richardson (1) Queen’s University Belfast (3) rainfall data (1) rainfall dependent infiltration (1) rainfall radar (4) RDI (1) Real time control (5) Real-time (9) real-time control (1) real-time forecasts (7) Release 2011 (8) Release 2012 (13) Release 2014 (7) Release 2016 (1) Renewable energy (12) Research (1) Reservoir Inundation Modelling (1) River Modelling (4) River Monitoring (2) river restoration (1) Roughness (1) Rural Land Management Change (3) SaaS (1) Scour (2) scour risk (1) Sediment Transport (4) Serious Games (1) Service Packs (9) Sewerage (1) Shellfish Waters Directive (1) shellfisheries (1) shoreline evolution (1) slow response runoff modelling (1) Software (7) Software as a Service (1) Software Development Kit (1) Software Updates (9) South West Lakes Trust (1) SP2 (1) Spectral Wave (1) Spillway (1) Stakeholders (1) Steve Flood (1) storm surges (2) Storm Swell (1) storm water management (1) Structures (1) SuperGen UK Centre for Marine Energy Research (1) Support (9) Surface Water Flooding (4) Surface Water Management (3) Teaching (2) THE ACADEMY by DHI (42) The Catchment Approach (2) Thermal Plume Modelling (2) three-dimensional hydrodynamics (1) Tidal and storm surge water levels (1) Tidal currents (1) Tidal Energy (6) Tidal Push (1) Tides (3) Tips (4) Training (32) Treatment (1) tsunamis (1) Turbines (1) UGM (39) UK Christmas Party 2014 (1) UKCMER (1) University (2) University of Southampton (1) Urban Drainage (8) Urban Flooding (13) urban hydrology (6) User Group Meeting (36) User Group Meeting 2013 (7) User Group Meeting 2014 (10) User Group Meeting 2015 (2) Vegetation growth (1) velocity of flood waters (1) Vessel Motion (1) Wastewater (4) Wastewater Treatment Plant (2) Water Allocation (1) Water Distribution (1) Water Framework Directive (4) Water Quality (4) water quality modelling (4) Wave Energy (5) Wave Overtopping (5) Waves (6) weather radar (1) WEST (4) Wetland Restoration (1) WFD (3) wind turbine foundations (1) Workshop (1) WWTP (4) Yelverton (1)
Welcome to DHI UK
DHI is an independent, international consulting and research organisation with the global objective of advancing technological development and competence with respect to water, in all of its environments.
Worldwide, we offer a wide range of consulting services and leading edge technologies, software tools, environmental laboratories, and physical model test facilities, as well as field surveys and monitoring programmes. Designated as a not-for-profit organisation, DHI is able to invest a considerable portion of its resources in research and development. Today we co-operate with many Universities, and research organisations, and are recognised globally for our innovation and expertise.
In the UK, DHI offers niche or specialist consultancy services in the water and environment market to government agencies, commercial entities and selected research organisations. We fulfil a research based specialist advisor role; a ‘Consultant to the Consultants’. We also supply and support the renowned MIKE by DHI suite of integrated water modelling tools.
MIKE by DHI software is the result of years of experience and dedicated development and has, in many regions, become the standard modelling tool. It transforms our science into practice and gives you the competitive edge and, through the DHI Academy, you can rest assured that there is a local team of highly skilled experts committed to train and support you every step of the way.
MIKE by DHI truly models the world of water - from mountain streams to the ocean and from drinking water to treatment plant and beyond.
Useful DHI Links
Available External Data
- EMODnet-Hydrography Portal
- ETOPO1 Global Relief Model (NOAA / NGDC)
- NOAA / NGDC DEM Portal (ArcIMS Map Interface)
- GMRT (Marine Geoscience Data System)
- GEBCO (BODC)
- SRTM (NASA)
- The National Map Seamless Server (USGS)
- Processed SRTM for Academic Use (CGIAR-CSI)
- ASTER (ERSDAC)
- Virtual Terrain Project
- OS OpenData (Ordnance Survey)
- Channel Coastal Observatory
- NCEP / NCAR Reanalysis (Surface Flux Data)
- Jeppesen Professional+ Vector Chart Database